Redefining Success and Failure
I’ve been thinking about success and failure a lot lately as I begin to take big leaps and risks towards my dreams. There is a lot of fear as I walk this path and a lot of concern about failure too. But the biggest lesson I’m learning on this journey is I create my own reality by choosing the perspective through which I see the world. So instead of using some external metric imposed by others to define my success, I choose to redefine success and failure for myself.
- Failure is feeling victimized by the world and believing you don’t have choices.
- Failure is letting fear talk you out of what your gut wants you to do.
- Failure is being afraid to be vulnerable because being vulnerable is having the courage to be seen.
- Failure is not taking chances because you’re afraid to fail.
- Failure is letting others define your success.
- Success is having the courage to show up as your true self and defining your own sense of worth.
- Success is running towards your dreams, despite your fears.
- Success is recognizing you have the power to create your own reality.
- Success is seeing your vulnerability, flaws and struggles not as faults but as your power.
- Success is leaning into fear because fear means you’re getting ready to grow and change.
- Success is choosing to live fully, bravely, and unapologetically.
I choose to live fully, bravely and unapologetically.